Monday 9 May 2011

A typical Monday

Well today was a typical Monday; school, chores, and working with the cows. Today was a continuing day in the halter-breaking process of my 4-H projects. I have a steer, heifer and cow-calf pair for my projects this year, it is a lot of work! I have to get my animals quiet enough to be able to show them; this takes a lot of time and patience. My heifer (for those that don't know a heifer is it would be like the teenage girl of cattle) is very quiet and easy to work with, and my steer (well...lets just say its a bull that will never get the urge to breed anything...) is not too stubborn or difficult, but he is a big fellow to work with. The animal that is the biggest handful is the little calf that's 4 months old. For a little guy he sure can pull!! So there you have it, a typical farm-girl Monday!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Alex,

    Best of luck with your 4-H projects. You have taken on a lot of work this winter, and have a lot of work ahead of you washing and grooming that many animals. You will certainly be tired after 4-H On Parade.

    Calves do have lots of energy and they sometimes just don't get the point of following, but once you get to the show they most always settle down and stick very close to the things that they know such as their mom, and you because they recognize you as a safe thing too. Best of luck.

    I enjoy reading your blogs.

    ReplyDelete